Biased BBC is, of course, the go-to place to learn about The BBC's many failings as a provider of news and information. It prides itself on Exposing The Reporting Bias Of The BBC. Today, leading social commentator Martin gives us a masterclass in the appropriate methodology for exposing al Beeb distortion.
First, Martin posts on the shortcomings of Islam:
There is no such thing as a 'moderate Muslim' it's a figment of a Cocaine addled brain.
1. All Muslims believe Muslims should not marry non Muslims
2. All Muslims believe that a Muslim cannot leave Islam (if they do they face death)
3. All Muslims think a bit of bottom action between men is wrong and punishable by death
4. All Muslims hate Jews
5. All Muslims have a chip on both shoulders.
Long-time Biased BBC commenter Grant offers a slight course correction:
Really hate to rattle your cage but :-
1. My wife is muslim and , despite being an atheist, I am accepted by my muslim inlaws.
2. That is not quite true. I know many apostates in Turkey, Malaysia, and W. Africa who are tolerated.
3. Difficult to prove scientifically, but I suspect homosexuality in practice is more common in "muslim countries" than non-muslim countries. Homosexual brothels are quite common in the muslim countries I know.
4. Absolutely not true, in my experience, and my knowledge of history. Not all muslims hate Jews.
5. Again, not my experience of living in 3 "muslim" countries.
I am not defending the religion, nor indeed any religion, but I do think it is dangerous to generalise. And I have never taken cocaine in my life !
Martin hastens to reassure Grant that all is well:
Grant, generalisation is the only way to work. I'm sure there are (or were) nice Communists and Nazi's, does that mean that what they believed in was acceptable? The wet liberals generalise about right wing Americans all the time.