Tuesday 21 July 2009

Coping with Swine Flu (and anger management)


Robert S. McNamara was US Secretary of Defense during the Vietnam War. He also ran Ford. His recent death has not only robbed us of a titan, though. It has also spawned a tribute act of the same name, whose enthralling postings make Biased BBC the kind of read it is.


Swine Flu has been getting to him lately.


"I don't know about you lot, but when I hear the government telling us we're best-placed to handle a swine flu epidemic, I barricade myself in my house..."

Brilliant plan! That'll teach nueliebour!


"....and smash in the skull of anything that tries to get in with a tyre iron."

Radical.... but I suppose if I found anyone coming through my door with a tyre iron, I'd be suspicious.

Mind you, if he was offering you a set of radials with a decent tread, smashing his skull would get in the way of a bargain. Best err on the side of caution, if you ask me.

"Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Nice to see some manners around here, if I may say.

"... I have to go to B&Q to pick up some nails and timber."

Each to their own, but I'm not sure a flu pandemic is the ideal time to open a carpentry business. Have you thought of flogging Tamiflu on eBay?

No comments:

Post a Comment